This document describes the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. You accept this policy when you sign up for or use our products, services or any other features, technologies or functionalities offered by us on our website or through any other means (collectively “MassMEDIC Services”). We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it.
How we collect information about you
When you visit the MassMEDIC website or use MassMEDIC Services, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you create an account or use MassMEDIC Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information – your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
- Financial information – when registering for a MassMEDIC event, we collect the credit card number that you provide.
When you are using MassMEDIC Services, we may collect information about your use of the services and other activities on our website for the purpose of improving your user experience.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways such as phone contacts with our team.
When you access our website, we may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer.
We send a “session cookie” to your computer when you sign in to your account or otherwise use MassMEDIC Services. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you sign out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to remember your account information, so that you don’t need to re-enter information each time you sign in to your account. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the MassMEDIC Services and member support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- customize, measure, and improve MassMEDIC Services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize MassMEDIC Services and content. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference by replying to any of our email communications and ask to be removed from our mailing list. You may do so now by sending us an email.
How we share personal information with other MassMEDIC users
If your company is part of our online Suppliers Directory, the contact information you provide will be accessible to the general public.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Our credit card processing service if you pay for an event registration via credit card.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity
MassMEDIC will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How you can access or change your personal information, or contact us with questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, feel free to contact us – all our contact information is shown at the bottom of this page.