MassMEDIC Virtual Town Hall
- The MassMEDIC Town Hall is a virtual gathering intended to keep our community up to date, share knowledge on current issues impacting healthcare and our industry; and provide a regular opportunity for networking and discussion. These 55-minute interactive discussions feature expert voices on a range of subjects including regulatory news, HR and remote working, innovation and our industry’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Virtual Town Hall: July 17, 2020
- Topics for the 7/17 event include:
- MassMEDIC hosted a discussion with Pristine Surgical, and Boston Scientific on the future of single-use surgical devices. Bryan Lord, CEO, Pristine Surgical and David Keifer, Global Product Manager at Boston Scientific Endoscopy led a discussion on: The journey to single use for large and emerging growth companies; Why it's more important than ever to be addressing infection prevention; and Understanding the three key metrics for any single use product: performance, economics and the environment.
Virtual Town Hall: June 25, 2020
- Topics for the Robotic Themed 6/25 event include:
- Showcase on Globus Medical Showcase on Activ Surgical
- "Start-up Mode" during a Pandemic
- Automation in hospital post COVID-19 with researchers from WPI.
Virtual Town Hall: June 11, 2020
- Topics for the 6/11 event include:
- CSR 101.1
- Connecting with the community
- The return of elective hospital procedures.
Virtual Town Hall: May 28, 2020
- Topics for the 5/28 event include:
- How to handle this Crisis and a career
- Innovation Update with Sherlock Biosciences
- Understanding grant funding and the "Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics(RADx)” program.
Virtual Town Hall: May 21, 2020
- Topics for the 5/21 event include:
- PPP loan forgiveness updates
- The New World: Adapting Medical Device Clinical Trials in a Global Pandemic and Beyond
- Litigation trends/impacts from COVID 19 and immunity from products liability lawsuits
- Keeping Product Development Plans on Track during Uncertainty
Virtual Town Hall: May 7, 2020
- Topics for the 5/7 event include:
- Current climate for investment with Kadir Kadhiresan, Vice President, Venture Investments, JJDC (Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation).
- How companies can potentially take advantage of the current Emergency Use Authorization.
- How COVID-19 is impacting those fighting cancer and others who require continuous treatment.
Virtual Town Hall: April 30, 2020
- Topics for the 4/30 event include:
- Discussion on COVID-19 research and progress being made at Boston University’s National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories (NEIDL).
- How you can be working with IRB's during the pandemic to keep research plans moving forward.
Virtual Town Hall: April 24, 2020
- Topics for the 4/24 event include:
- Discussion on the implications of the MDR delay with Regulatory and Quality Solutions.
- Overview of the "Pandemic Risk Assessment" tool designed to provide pragmatic insights based upon expected & unexpected impacts to your business.
- Update on the Paycheck Protection Program and Small Business Association funding status.
Virtual Town Hall: April 16, 2020
- Topics for the 4/16 event include:
- Innovation Story: Inside the game-changing PPE decontamination system with Battelle.
- Product development update: How Propel is improving open source ventilator development.
- Ecosystem discussion: A walk through of the current state of manufacturing and supply chain in MA with Loft.
Virtual Town Hall: April 9, 2020
- Topics for the 4/9 event include:
- HR related considerations as a result of the CARES Act and PPP loan program.
- In light of new grant funding opportunities, how can one design products for Home Use?
- How to adjust clinical trial and regulatory planning in the current crisis.
Virtual Town Hall: April 2, 2020
- Topics for the 4/2 event include:
- Remarks and CARES Act overview with Representative Lori Trahan, of Massachusetts 3rd district.
- A breakdown of the CARES Act and COVID-19 updates with Anthony DeMaio, Director of Government Relations, ML Strategies.
- A review with Stacy Swider, Director, UMass SBIR Center of Excellence on COVID-19 R&D funding opportunities.
- Tips and a Group Discussion on How to Motivate Teams Remotely with Scott Schorer, President & CEO, GI Dynamics.
Virtual Town Hall: March 26, 2020
- Topics for 3/26 Call:
- Discussion with Tina Morrison, Deputy Director, Division of Applied Mechanics, FDA on the development status of In Silico Clinical Trials.
- Understanding the "relaxed" rules and the current landscape for developing telemedicine products with Jennifer Geetter, Partner at McDermott, Will & Emery LLP.
- Update from Brian Johnson on the state's rapidly changing guidance.