Posted for Corindus, Inc. on September 19, 2012
Corindus Inc. is a growing, early stage medical device company which has developed a unique robotic system to be used during percutaneous procedures in the cath lab. The company is establishing a new standard for the physician quality of life, workflow efficiency, and improved patient outcome. The company is financially strong and is backed by leading investors.
Reports to: Director of Service
Position Summary: To provide on-site technical support for Corindus customers including installation, trouble shooting, acceptance testing, repair, updates and upgrades to distributed Corindus product. Field Service Engineers will also assist in the failure analysis and report generation of returned product as well as trend analysis of returned product for systemic non-conformance diagnosis.
Field Service Engineers will also participate in and provide support for customer phone inquiries, technical questions, and the documentation of all customer reports complaints / problems.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers in the coordination, planning, implementation and challenge resolution of installation, maintenance and service issues for Corindus products.
- Install Corindus product on-site at customer locations (hospitals) in accordance with formal installation instructions.
- Perform site acceptance testing of Corindus product to demonstrate operational performance consistent with product specifications and formal test procedures.
- Demonstrate system functionality to customer representatives, securing documented evidence of their concurrence of system functionality.
- Respond to customer issues / complaints regarding Corindus product performance, by diagnosing reported problems, replacing (or repairing) Corindus product and demonstrating to customers that the reported problem has been resolved.
- Performs preventative maintenance of Corindus product on-site at existing customer’s facilities.
- Performs updates of existing products to resolve systemic product issues and ensure optimal system functionality.
- Performs upgrades of existing products to enhance system capabilities and provide additional features.
- Interfaces with and helps to coordinate partner product providers to facilitate a seamless, single solution product presentation to the customer.
- Document and properly record all customer feedback, issues and complaints consistent with Corindus procedures for any unmet customer expectations.
- Document the results of all customer visits including formal installation and system functionality test reports consistent with Corindus procedures.
- Participate in and help manage returned material authorization (RMA) processing.
- Participate in failure analyses of returned product for root cause determination and corrective action identification.
- Participates in pre-installation site surveys to document cath lab layout in preparation for system installation.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma is mandatory, Bachelors degree in an electronic / mechanical discipline strongly preferred. Various technical certifications or training may be part of the person’s academic background.
- Interfaces with all departments in the organization in matters related to the functional performance and customer satisfaction regarding distributed Corindus product. Interacts on a peer level with individuals in other departments. Takes direction from departmental management.
- Superior electro-mechanical diagnostic and repair skills
- Effective and professional communication skills with the ability to interface with customer representatives, including nurses, bio-engineers, technicians and physicians as well as internal engineering and operations personnel.
- Effective written communication skills, with the ability to author clear concise and accurate site trip reports
- Minimum of 5 years experience a Field Service Engineer in a technical customer service / field service role, strong preference for medical device product.
- Technical skills including the ability to read technical specifications; utilize measurement tools & equipment; and a working knowledge application software, its installation and maintenance.
- Familiarity with electrical component handling and ESD controls.
- Experience in an ISO 13485 quality system and GMP environment are strongly preferred, computer literacy is mandatory.
- Familiarity with aseptic handling / sterile device protocol.
- Experience in a hospital environment is highly desirable
The company provides a competitive compensation package including base salary and a comprehensive benefits plan.
If you meet our qualifications and would be interested in becoming part of one of the most exciting and cutting edge companies in interventional cardiology, please send your resume to email@example.com.